Friday, 21 August 2009

Jungle Trek


'Jungle Man'

I was wearing my very practial yoga shoes.....

To be honest I thought this trek would be a light walk through a bit of jungle - nice and easy for the tourists. I was very wrong, we walked for five hours through thick jungle - often very steep hills that I practically had to get dragged up. On the second day we treked for seven hours straight, only to stop for a quick dip in the river and a bit of lunch.

This was our trek guide -so sweet and all smiles - he grew up in 'Karen' one of the jungle tribes that we visted at the end. He could not believe that in Europe people walk around without talking to each other and that some people do not know their neighbours.





This is one of many amazing views on the way to the start of our trek.


There was a pot that you shook and out came a stick with a number on it- you then went and matched your number to a fortune - and this was mine... I forgot to mention that the night before this trek I left my bank card with all my travelling money in an ATM machine...'Lost items unlikely to be recovered' could not have been closer to the truth. (luckily I have a back-up card!)

On our first stop we visted a massive Cave - and during the Burma War the people in the local village used to go and hide down there.

Day 1 of the three day trek! A lot of people say I resemble the 'chiwawa' - I agree. When this picture was taken I could hardly work out which one was me.... I think i'm the one on the right but i'm still not entirely sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment