Friday, 21 August 2009

The City of Chang Mai

I spent the whole day here but wish I had more time to explore..... I did not realise how tired I was by the end of it, I must have walked about 30 miles!





This guy is actually made from wax..... I had to watch him for a good 10 minutes to make sure he wasn't breathing - very convincing!


The above dish cost me about 3 pounds. Crab meat and rice, with a portion of prawns.... yum!




The above photo is 'Wat Chedi Luang' - an ancient temple- it was a few thousand years old!









I have just come back from treking in the jungle. I have spent the past three days with three spanish men and a couple from Holland - they speak quite good english but for some reason I find myself speaking very basic english with a japanese accent - just like my mum used to in foreign countrys. 'We want burger..... you understand?' So I apologise if this next blog is very simple!


I will start form Monday - after an interesting nights sleep in the B.M.P Inn, I headed to the center of Chang Mai - very busy place, massive golden temples on every street and lots of monks! The above picture is my first ride in a tuk-tuk, these are fun and so far they have taken me to the the places I want to go for about a pound.

No comments:

Post a Comment