A mixture of a backwards body-clock, the book 'a thousand splendid suns', and me thinking there was a ghost in my room meant I did not sleep a wink last night. (I mainly blame the book - if you haven't read it yet then do, I could literally not put it down, its incredible). I had not yet set my phone to Thailand time, so had to estimate when to get up.... I was so tired from not sleeping however that I decided to ignore my alarm clock. When I eventually made it down for the free breakfast I had missed it - the time was 12:30 and my plane was in 20 minutes. It had not occurred me to find out how long it would take to get to the airport, or to allow 2 hours check in time. I naively ran back to my room and swiftly packed up all my stuff... still thinking I might just make it in time. I didn't.
Luckily 'Tony the Tiger' saved the day - he booked me another flight, arranged transport to the airport, booked me accomodation and arranged for someone to pick me up from the airport. Thank God. He was literally my knight in shinning armour. I am now sitting in B.M.P inn having just arrived in Chang Mai. Between this absolute shambles of a day I did manage to fit in a quick Swedish massage. Much better - although at one point she did start massaging my stomach/bladder area, it was at this point I realised I was desperate for the toilet - a very uncomfortable 2 minutes proceeded, but I withheld and she moved to the back area. phew.
Looking forward to a good nights sleep and the trekking days that lie ahead.
Monday, 17 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment