Wednesday, 26 August 2009

'Proper temples' and a spot of shopping.


The next day I got a taxi to Wat Po/the sleeping buddha (where we were originallly supposed to go before the tuktuk scam!). It was absolutely huge - I had no idea - and definately worth the visit. I also went to the grand palace to see the emerald buddha; I dont think this is so much worth a visit - it cost me 350baht and is just a little green buddha in a temple.
It was then time to catch my flight to KL so made my way to the airport!
A quick little moan: the public transport and traffic in Bangkok is awful; I also miss english breakfasts and cafes.




On monday Zanne and I went to a massive shopping Plaza 'MBK' as it was pouring down with rain. It was a wierd combination of house-of-frazer-esq products mixed with stuff you could find on any street market - including fake tiffany bracklets, gucci bags etc. I got an early night that night and Zanne flew out to Hanoi.

No comments:

Post a Comment