Cameron Highlands was a small town hidden amoungst mountains and tea-plantations. We went on an afternoon tour visiting what it is most well known for - the tea plantations plus a rose garden, a butterfly garden, a chinese temple and a strawberry farm. We stayed in a really cozy hostel that was only 3 pounds each a night.
On the first day we were strolling round town and suddenly we were both desperate for the toilet; the nearest place was a massage parlour that looked quite nice on the side of the road. We would have felt rude just going in and using their toilets so we thought we would treat ourselves to a massage aswell. After using their (dirty!) toilets, I got a foot massage and Ollie a back massage. I was downstairs whilst Ollie went upstairs behind a curtain and all I hear was the occasional 'ouch' and slapping noises. Meanwhile I was having the most painful foot massage I have ever experienced; it pretty much just involved him bending his finger and digging it in to my foot as hard as possible. I have no idea if they are actually supposed to hurt, but I kept saying 'ouch' and he just kept giving me a reassuring nod. 15 minutes later Ollie came down the stairs looking quite disheveled, informing me he had also just had an extremely painful massage. I still had 15 minutes left so Ollie just sat there holding my hand, whilst I lay there wincing and trying my hardest to relax.
Next time I think we will just hold on...
No comments:
Post a Comment